Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 6:40 PM
What you'll do at
The Director of Design establishes and drives strategy for product design and execution of our associate experiences within Walmart's enterprise applications. You will join a leadership team with responsibilities that require creativity, technical expertise and business sense. You thrive in a dynamic environment with demanding business partners. Together, we will find solutions to meaningful design challenges at scale. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned design leader with a record of shipping user experiences and user interfaces (UX/UI) for business to business (B2B) software to make an impact on a large scale.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements department strategies
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Develops and manages budget in area of responsibility
- Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
- Manages invoicing and payments
- Oversees contractor and supplier process
- Provides overall direction
- Strengthens department leadership
- 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 8 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 15 years OR 10 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 15 years OR Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 15 years.
- 4 years experience developing, presenting, and implementing technology strategies.
- 4 years experience managing large-scale global projects.
- 4 years experience managing vendor and supplier relationships.
- 4 years experience supervising teams in both direct reporting and matrix structures.
- 4 years of contract and budget management experience (for example, procurement of services, hardware, cost center P&L management).
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Associated topics: co manager, director, lead, leader, manager retail, principal, shift supervisor, supervise, retail management, team lead
• Location: Bentonville, Fayetteville
• Post ID: 17792917 fayetteville