Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2018 2:03 PM
What you'll do at
As a Software Engineer at Walmart Technology, you'll be responsible for large-scale, cloud native application development, tools development and maintenance. You'll interact with business to provide robust technical solutions to business problems. You will work in an agile team and are expected to collaborate with very competitive engineers and develop efficient, scalable and highly reliable software. As a part of Application Foundation group of Walmart Technology Platform, you will build products and services in cloud which enable other teams to build applications that power not only eCommerce but also brick and mortar stores, distribution centers, fulfillment centers etc. You should be able to take initiative and quickly prototype and demonstrate innovative solutions to difficult problems. This team develops and runs critical cloud services which are utilized by business critical, revenue impacting applications. As such, you will be expected to take ownership of the developed solutions and support it in production.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 4 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years OR 5 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years OR Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years software development experience
- 5+ years Java development experience
- Strong understanding of JavaEE or Spring, Hibernate, RDBMS, JAX-RS, SQL, Tomcat.
- Expertise in Unix/Linux command line and shell scripting tools
- Significant knowledge and experience in service oriented architecture and micro-services
- Significant experience in working on large scale software systems and platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate at all levels from development to executives
- Well versed in software methodologies and patterns, as well as the complete software development lifecycle
- Full stack skills preferred.
- Experience using Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, Sonar, Ant
- Experience using Git, Mercurial or similar
- Operations or DevOps exposure is highly desirable
- Knowledge or experience using other programming languages such as Python,
- Experience in developing and deploying in cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Experience using ELK stack, Graylog, Splunk etc.
About Walmart Labs
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That's what we do at Walmart Labs. We're a team of 4,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and our enterprise operates.
Associated topics: .net, application architect, application developer, architect, c/c++, design pattern, java, perl, programming, senior
• Location: Fayetteville
• Post ID: 17894827 fayetteville